July, you were much more my pace. Photo filled, design filled, organization filled, family & friends filled, and lake filled. The perfect combination of things I love in one month. On the very last day of July, the VWCS design project went live and I spent the day at the lake. The month of August has already been welcomed in with open arms and I'm SO excited to hear the official date on the Starbucks PSL.
Here is what I did during the month of July:
- Snuggled and hogged my nephew, August as much as I possibly could during 4th of July week.
- Waterskiied enough to last me a year. But lets be honest, I hope to top that in the month of August.
- Introduced baby August (and the family) to Rise N' Roll donuts. Any NE Indiana "Amish Crack" fans out there? Never had them? Put it on your list. You won't be disappointed. Especially if you're still eating them a week later. They will still be tasty.
- Photographed my first wedding at the Embassy. I LOVED shooting Sarah and Austin there. Was a beautiful venue. I can't wait to share this wedding!
- More moving in my new home. ALMOST finished! Maybe one day in January I'll find the time to unbox and organize a bit more. haha!
- I photographed the wedding of my childhood friend, Katey. It's not everyday that the Bride and Groom ride in my car.. obviously I had to document it. :)
- I disconnected for a week and spent the week working at the lake. It was more of a vacation than work. But after a crazy June, I desperately needed a getaway. Thanks to the stressful month of June, I lost 10lbs and loved rocking a swimsuit. haha
- Jumped over to Cleveland for an Indian's game with my bff, Alex. We hit up West Side Market, Ohio City, Progressive Field, the mall, and a few other Cleveland gems. It was a great, much needed trip with my best friend.
- I played in the Van Wert High School boys soccer alumni game. When I first started high school, VW didn't have a girls team. The boys let me try out play until VW finally introduced the girls team. Saturday proved to be too much running, I woke up unable to move on Sunday morning.
- I went to a Tincaps game with friends from High School and Fort Wayne. I love when my two worlds mix.
- The final day of July was spent switching over the Van Wert City School's website domains and driving up to Lake Wawasee for a family shoot.
August, I'm ready for you! This month I'm shooting 3 weddings between Ohio + Michigan, photographing a bridal shower in Chicago, and photographing numerous families and seniors. July was a great one, I'm excited what August has in store. Hopefully a little time to unbox my house. ha!