May 2017, you were a great one, a big one, and full of crazy weather. This month I started wedding season, photographed more spring engagement shoots than ever before, rescheduled more shoots than ever before, and realized that its time to work on that work/life balance thing again. (Woah. This month was something for only being May!)
This month I:
- Worked from my favorite coffee house in Fort Wayne, Firefly.
- Watched Veda sunbath in the warm morning sun.
- Lots of date nights with Matt. Movies, Komet hockey, chinese.. he even joined in on my Columbus trip for Ashley & Scott's engagement shoot. This guy--pretty great!
- Cincinnati engagement shoot, Toledo engagement shoot, and Columbus engagement shoot. All over the state of Ohio.. of course I went early to each shoot to stop at the mall.
- I cooked a LOT of food and ate leftovers for most of the month.
- Spend a night at the Wawasee studio organizing for the season, wrapping up client print orders, editing, and finally putting things on the walls (the bathroom is getting closer to complete).
- First wedding of the year. YAY! Kelsey + Derek's wedding was beautiful! I've had my eye on Blackbird Farm for awhile and I was so excited to finally be able to shoot there. I am so glad we finally have a barn venue in Northwest Ohio. <3
- Memorial day weekend was full of work and relaxing. Relaxing included trying to be a different shade than our white pier. ;)
- The move to the new house started. Wohoo! My plants from 2 months ago survived. Guys, a new years resolution that I've finally carried 6 months and done rather well with -- I'm proud and happy with myself.
The start of June is here and I am so excited to tackle all of the weddings, shoots, and design projects. June will be a busy one but I am so excited that it's finally here. So much to shoot--so much to blog. I can't wait to share it all!